Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions are between Juicedupbikes.co.uk (hereinafter referred to as Juiced Up Bikes) and the person who hires the bikes and/or other members of the group (all referred to as the customer). Juiced Up Bikes and the Customer are the only parties to this Agreement. If the booking was made through a third party and was paid for by the third party, the customer is still responsible for compliance with all the conditions listed below.
- This Agreement and the rights of the parties are governed by English law.
- If you ride an electric or pedal bike, you must be physically fit enough to ride a bike and ride reasonably competently on the road.
- All bikes are given a thorough check by Juiced Up Bikes prior to handover. The customer should ensure that they are happy with the working order of the bike and should also check that the bike is in proper working order before renting. This includes brakes, lights, steering, tyres, and pedals. If the customer has concerns about the condition of the bike, another bike may be assigned.
If you ride an electric bike, you must be older than 14 years. Persons over 14 years of age but under 16 years of age must have the written permission of a parent or legal guardian to ride an electric bicycle.
The use of the word “equipment” refers to all rented items and includes bicycles, helmets, panniers (if requested) keys, route maps and chain locks of Juiced Up Bikes.
Battery Care and Range
The Volt Burlington is powered by a Lithium Ion 36 v battery with a capacity for up to 60 miles on a full charge. It is essential to charge the battery after use at the end of every day if the hire term is for more than one day. The charge time is 3-4 hours to gain full charge.
Hire Charge* and Deposit
The customer agrees to pay a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The balance for the booking is due on or before the hire day. If the booking is made within 1 week of the hire, the full payment is due.
The bikes and equipment are to be returned to the hire centre or collected from the original drop off point in a satisfactory condition (ordinary wear and tear and grime excepted). The Customer is responsible for any damage, and any repair costs will be deducted from your payment. If there is a shortfall then the Customer is liable for the difference. Examples: cost of new bike – up to £1700, cost of lock chain £39.99, cost of helmet £19.99.
If not covered under Household or Travel Insurance, the Customer may want to take out a relevant Insurance Policy. If no insurance is taken out, the Customer will be liable for any loss or damage to the Equipment.
Proof of Customer identity may be requested when hiring. eg. driving licence, utility bill or passport.
Juiced Up Bikes reserves the right not to hire to an individual.
*See Rates of Hire
- A helmet is provided free of charge for every customer. Juiced Up Bikes strongly recommends that a helmet is worn when riding the bikes. All persons aged 17 or younger MUST wear a helmet whilst cycling.
- Cycling can be dangerous and has risks involved. It is always the responsibility of the customer to ride safely and with courtesy. Please listen to the Safety Brief and read the Safety Notes provided. Cycle sensibly, with respect for others and the environment. You are expected to follow the Highway Code.
- The Customer agrees that he/she will not operate the bike or permit the bike to be operated whilst unfit through drink or drugs or medication that could affect his/her ability to ride safely.
- Juiced Up Bikes cannot be held liable for any injury to the Customer and/or any injury or damage to a third party.
Your bike must be locked to a permanent fixture whenever left unattended and /or out of sight. The bike should be locked using the chain supplied and the real wheel locking system built into the bike. You will be issued with 2 x keys. One to lock the battery in place and one for the rear wheel locking system. Please ensure you do not lose either of the keys as you will be billed for new keys.
During the Hire
- The Customer should note that the rear rack is intended to carry light goods only. Do not fill with heavy items as this may affect your balance and steering control as well as safety and comfort.
- If any of the working parts should become defective whilst riding, the Customer should STOP and call Juiced Up Bikes who will assist, either to advise or to make a repair or to issue another bike
- Your bike should not be used for racing, mountain bike riding, stunt, or trick riding or for any other purpose other than riding on road, cycle path or canal path. Your bike is not designed for OFF ROAD use.
- In the event of a puncture, the Customer should STOP riding and call Juiced Up Bikes for assistance.
- If the Equipment is returned late, other than a breakdown or extenuating circumstances, Juiced Up Bikes may levy a late return charge of £10 per bike.
- If the Equipment is returned early there will be no refund.
If you decide to cancel at any time, we have the right to charge a 10% cancellation fee, to cover administration costs.
However, If the Customer is unable to hire due to illness or other serious reason, the hire can be transferred to another date agreed between the Customer and Juiced Up Bikes if so wished.
If the weather is forecast to be heavy rain or storm, then the Customer and Juiced Up Bikes may discuss the hire and decide to either postpone the hire or, if this is not possible, to cancel the hire, in which case a 100% refund will be given. Light rain or showers will not be considered a reason to cancel.